Add ons not able to be installed (mac 2.1.60)

I got anki a few days ago, and when I tried to install an add on, this error message pops up -

One or more errors occurred:

1771074083: Please check your internet connection. HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘ankiweb(.)net’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /shared/download/1771074083?v=2.1&p=60 (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1129)’)))

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling anki on my mac but it still doesn’t work. It works on windows but I don’t get why this won’t work on my mac. Can anyone help?

Someone had this issue in the past while running antivirus software and resolved this issue by turning it off temporarily.

I don’t have an antivirus and I tried turning off the SIP but the same issue occurred. :confused:

Perhaps you’re using a proxy, VPN, some other sort of internet filtering, or you’re connected to a work/school network that filters connections?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.