Add-on dialog search/filter bar [Official thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on add-on dialog search/filter bar (original name: “add-on window search bar”) post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I might miss it.

Hello, I have got a problem: sometimes after filtering and clicking on “View Add-on Page”, it directs me to a wrong page.

Version ⁨2.1.50 (3564ece6)⁩
Python 3.10.2 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.6
Arch Linux

2 Likes

Version ⁨2.1.54 (595c9273)⁩
Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Windows 10

If I use the addon and then click on “View Add-on page” I get redirected to the wrong page.
More precisely: to the page of the addon in the corresponding position in the ‘original’ list.
e.g.
if I do this search, click on the 4th addon and then on “View Add-on Page”, the webpage of Advanced Browser will be opened instead of that of Image Style Editor.

I think this is the same problem that causes the one mentioned in this Add-on’s page, i.e. that “some users report that sometimes for add-ons that have a config the config button is falsely greyed out when filtering with this add-on”: the Config button is shown/not shown depending on wether the add-on in the correspoding position in the original list has a configuration menu (or not).

2 Likes

I have this same issue. I have to go to the main list without a search to actually get to a file because if the search is active it often opens the wrong addon