Add-on 'Defer Cards' (149564514) not useable under Anki 23.10.1

Hi Carlos,

After having updated to Anki 23.10.1 / Qt 5 (Qt 6 has the same issue) on Anki Desktop (Windows 10), I receive the following message from Anki :

Add-on Startup Failed
The following add-ons failed to load:

Defer Cards

They may need to be updated to support this version of Anki. Click the Check for Updates button to see if any updates are available.
You can use the Copy Debug Info button to get information that you can paste in a report to the add-on author.
For add-ons that don’t have an update available, you can disable or delete the add-on to prevent this message from appearing.

Debug Information
Anki 23.10.1 (fac9e0ee) Python 3.9.15 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-11-20 23:52:20

When loading Defer Cards:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.addons”, line 245, in loadAddons
File “C:\Users…\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\149564514_init_.py”, line 6, in
from . import defer_cards
File “C:\Users…\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\149564514\defer_cards.py”, line 15, in
import anki.sched
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘anki.sched’

No update is yet available.

If you will find some time to fix this problem, it would be great and I would appreciate it. I’m working with this AddOn on a daily basis and I miss this functionality very much.

Thanks and Regards,
Martin

1 Like

The author of the add-on hasn’t gotten around to updating it to make it compatible with versions 23.10 and higher.

If you can’t live without the add-on, you could downgrade back to version 2.1.66

To do so, go to the Releases page under the 2.1.66 section, then scroll down to “Assets”, click to expand it, and then download the appropriate version.

My intention was to find out whether the author will update the add-on in the near future or whether this is now the end of this add-on.