$500 bounty: working precompiled Anki 2.1.54 and 23.10.1 binaries for linux aarch64

Spent a bit too much time trying to get this to work and I’m more than willing to give the community some cash in exchange for help!

I’m setting a $500 USD bounty, valid for the next 2 weeks and paid out via paypal, for working precompiled binaries of Anki 2.1.54 and 23.10.1 on Asahi Debian/linux aarch64 along with a reproducible build process in a public repo on GitHub. No flatpak/appimage, must include working installation instructions for the relevant versions of the QT libraries, and must not do anything which is bad practice to one’s system (i.e. “install nix”, “upgrade/downgrade the system python distribution”, or “use pacman side-by-side with apt” would not be valid).

All else equal I’d prefer it to go to one of the maintainers so it’s helping to support Anki, but it’s up for grabs by anyone.

2 Likes

I will try it on my ARM device as soon as I can.

Please do! FYI the 2 weeks is up pretty soon.

I don’t have access to Apple Silicon otherwise I’d give this a shot, but I’d be happy to troubleshoot with you at $75/hour, only payable if we get it working. Could do Sun or Mon

I’ve been trying for a long time to compile Anki on Ubuntu 22.04 ARM64…
Unfortunately there are always mistakes.

Same to me. Always with Rust package “burn” error.

hey, i found a post that helps to run anki-linux on CB’s arm linux.

see if you may re start the bounty, may be for a lesser money.

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.