2.1.58 Release Candidate

Hi all,

A somewhat serious issue has been found in 2.1.57 that necessitates a quick update. I’d appreciate it if you could give this release candidate a try; if no serious issues are discovered I will make the release official later today.

https://changes.ankiweb.net/changes/2.1.50-59.html

4 Likes

@cqg this release should perform as well or better than .57 for Windows TTS - could you confirm the speed issues you experienced on Slow TTS and duplicated voices have not returned?

TTS working nicely here with 2.1.58

sorting by “due” field is not correct.

Did this regression with ease affect the 2.1.57 beta testers?

@cjdduarte older versions behave the same way; it appears to be caused by the fact that those top cards are in relearning.

@chrislg the issue was not in rc1, but was in the final build: Anki 2.1.57 Beta - #56 by dae

1 Like

I also used 2.1.57 after the final build but with the custom FSRS scheduler. Does using the custom scheduler prevented any issues ?

They really are relearning cards.
I was studying the cards of the day when I installed this .58 version to validate and I noticed this.

Now that I’m done, it’s “normalized”.

But is it strange that they appear at the top?
I agree that it has nothing to do with the RC1, but for some future evaluation?

2.1.58 has been released as stable. If you encounter any issues with it, please create a new thread.

@chrislg it won’t prevent the problem, but is not affected by it either, as it doesn’t use ease values as far as I’m aware.

@cjdduarte that may be the case, but it gets confusing if you report issues not related to the beta on the beta thread, so it would be great if you could post such reports in their own thread in the future :slight_smile:

@dae OK. I open a specific topic.
tanks

Addons which implement their own TTS player will likely run into the following issue, due to the change in signature of aqt.tts.TTSVoice. Any way to support both 2.1.57 and 2.1.58 without checking the Anki version ?

File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/tts.py", line 86, in voice_for_tag 
    avail_voices = self.voices() 
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/tts.py", line 82, in voices 
    self._available_voices = self.get_available_voices() 
  File "/home/um-li/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/111623432/ttsplayer.py", line 38, in get_available_voices 
    voices.append(aqt.tts.TTSVoice(name=constants.TTS_TAG_VOICE, lang=language_name)) 
TypeError: TTSVoice.__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'available'

That was not well-thought-out from my part, I made a PR.

I noticed that there is no indication of QCheckBox or QRadioButton being disabled. Apparently the background should be gray

I missed it too. I’ll try to get a new rc out later today or tomorrow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.