2.1.45 Release Candidate

Also just encountered this twice after waking my computer up from sleep. It’s quite possible an addon is responsible for this, though. So far I wasn’t able to replicate this without addons enabled.

I guess this has been present for a few versions already:

The template sanity checker bugs out on trying to import APKGs generated prior to its introduction – including those offered by AnkiWeb (example) – leaving less versed users to ponder at a long traceback and probably unaware they’d (currently) need to downgrade their Anki.

Maybe make the check opt-out or instead have it raise a dialog that offers to ignore it?

I asked Henrik to disable non-list indenting due to concerns about compatibility. It may come in the future.

I’m not sure how much sense it makes to disable that check on import. In @nwwt’s example there are two identical card templates, which is pretty broken, as it will result in the user doing twice as much work - it’s something the deck author should really fix. @artins90 's is less clear - perhaps the problem is on the back template.

@basiskarten I presume it’s related to the network interfaces being woke up after sleep, though not sure why it’s affecting a loopback connection.

rc2 is now available, and will hopefully be the last release candidate.

1 Like

Sure the deck author ought to fix it but they haven’t for months (some might never) and in the meantime there’s users unable to import a deck indirectly suggested (→lots of upvotes) by Anki’s official site (as it hasn’t been screened for these template errors), barring them from even being able to fix it themselves without stumbling over the downgrade route, and potentially clueless entirely due to not understanding the error.

Bug or feature? (rc2) Searching the sidebar doesn’t match results in the saved sidebar searches.

Works for me and in your screenshot, the Saved Searches are expanded and the “Medizin” entry is selected. So only the highlight colour is missing, right? What happens when you type in something matching multiple Saved Searches?
Do you use any add-ons?

You are right, it is a highlighting issue. It looks like the first occurrence of a search term is not highlighted in my examples.

I use a few add-ons, but none of them should interfere with the sidebar. Disabling them all doesn’t change anything regarding this issue after restarting Anki.

Add Table

Looks like highlighted, selected entries look the same as selected entries on your machine. I guess that’s just an implementation detail of the framework.

At least, it’s prettier than on my Windows machine. :slightly_smiling_face:
grafik

1 Like

I’m not even sure if this should go here or not, but here goes:

I used to be able to format something as superscript by pressing ⟨CTRL⟩ + the ⟨+⟩ key on the numeric keyboard. Similarly, ⟨CTRL⟩ + the ⟨-⟩ key on the numeric keyboard would format text as subscript.

I’m not sure when they stopped working, but with RC2 those two shortcuts don’t work anymore, which is a shame. They were an easier alternative to the combinations involving the ‘inline’ keys.

1. I do think making indents apply to just text would be nice too. It was quite awkward when I was playing with it and came to same conclusion as others and assumed that it wasn’t working
  2. Is there a way to incorporate an html deck description in the future? If you aren’t going to put it in vanilla anki, is it possible to achieve this with an add-on? On that note, @dae you mentioned in the future html images won’t be allowed in deck names. Do you know when that change will be integrated?
1 Like

On Anki .44 Ctrl and + on the numeric keyboard does superscript. This is no longer possible in 2.1.45. Note that the label changed too, and now it states that Ctrl+Shift+= is superscript. This is because the shortcut tooling changed, and it is now implemented in JavaScript.

However there has been no way to do subscript with the numeric keyboard. Subscript is Control+=, and theres no equals sign on a numeric keyboard. This has been the case since at least 2.1.0, so you might be remembering something wrong there, or you used an add-on.

1 Like

I’m running Anki Version ⁨2.1.45 (e7189f4a)⁩, Python 3.9.6 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.4.

Consider the following add-on code:

from anki.cards import Card
from aqt import gui_hooks
from aqt.reviewer import Reviewer
import time

def test(reviewer: Reviewer, card: Card, ease: int):
    print('due:', card.due, card.due - time.time())

gui_hooks.reviewer_did_answer_card.append(test)

When I run this add-on with the V3 scheduler enabled, it reports previous due dates. I get the following output for cards in the learning queue:

due: 1627235879 -56761.076600790024
due: 1627246340 -46533.70118832588
due: 1627246360 -46650.054842710495

and so on.

For cards in the review queue, the situation is similar. card.ivl prints the previous interval.

I believe this is a bug because with the V2 scheduler the reported due dates are correct.

It might even be better to leave this feature out until implementing it completely. Otherwise there will probably be quite a few irritated users as well as bug reports in the forum.

I will probably have to write a script to clean up any broken decks at one point, but until I can find the time to do that, you could alert others to the issue by posting a review on the deck.

HTML is supported, but only a limited subset. Most things are possible with an add-on, but then it would only appear correctly on the desktop version.

When the deck list gets updated, it will show HTML (including image references) as plain text. It already fails to appear correctly in the mobile clients, so it is best avoided.

Thanks, fix coming.

I’ve just hacked a warning message in for now, so we don’t lose the existing functionality.

2 Likes

On the main screen it now lists the learning number but it doesn’t seem to be labeled…is that normal? If it’s meant to be like that I must say it looks a bit off without the label since the others are labeled.

It looks like the latest beta no longer loads jQuery into the reviewer after #1292. Is that intentional?

There are many note types and add-ons using javascript calling jQuery, so the change will likely break quite a lot of people’s setups.

@nwwt Rumo has made a change that will relax the checks during import, so that problem should go away for now.

@nmeed “Learning” was a bit too wide, and didn’t fit in well

@BlueGreenMagick @hengiesel I presume this was not intentional, since the commit makes reference to exporting jquery. BGM’s right that we’re unfortunately going to need to continue to provide it for some time, due to how widely used it is.

1 Like

Seems like jQuery is loaded too late, weirdly enough, since I can use it in the webview directly (using Anki WebView inspector).

Could that be something specific to the inspector/debugging tools? mw.web.eval("$") in the debug console says it’s not defined.