Troubleshooting an error

Hi, I made sure my app was updated, I restarted the app, deactivated all my add-ons, and still get an error. I copied the whole error down below. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.42 (8eebfe18) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-11-20 13:07:18

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 36, in cmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 135, in _onCmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 580, in _onBridgeCmd
File “aqt/reviewer.py”, line 343, in _linkHandler
File “aqt/reviewer.py”, line 270, in _answerCard
File “anki/scheduler.py”, line 126, in answerCard
File “anki/scheduler.py”, line 149, in _answerCard
File “anki/_backend/generated.py”, line 222, in answer_card
File “anki/_backend/init.py”, line 106, in _run_command
anki.errors.InvalidInput: Invalid input: ⁨not at top of queue⁩

Update your version … too old

1 Like

I understand I need to update it but I’ve downloaded the newest version, or at least what I think is the newest version from the website multiple times, am I not doing it right?

am I supposed to download something different than whats highlighted in the screenshot?

thank you for responding!

Yes the current version is 23.10.1. It should work.

Okay, I’ve tried this in the past but maybe a new one has come out since then. I’ll try that and see if it fixes it. Thank you

So I downloaded both the q5 and q6 version multiple times and its still giving me the same message. not sure what I did wrong when updating

Does the error message say that the version is 23.10.1 ?

I’m not sure, I don’t see anything about the version but I may be missing it.

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.42 (8eebfe18) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-11-20 13:07:18

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 36, in cmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 135, in _onCmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 580, in _onBridgeCmd
File “aqt/reviewer.py”, line 343, in _linkHandler
File “aqt/reviewer.py”, line 270, in _answerCard
File “anki/scheduler.py”, line 126, in answerCard
File “anki/scheduler.py”, line 149, in _answerCard
File “anki/_backend/generated.py”, line 222, in answer_card
File “anki/_backend/init.py”, line 106, in _run_command
anki.errors.InvalidInput: Invalid input: ⁨not at top of queue⁩

you run the old version

Just to be sure, once downloading the installer for the newer version from the site, you are running it, correct?

I believe so, I drag the new app into my applications folder in the installer then I hit replace anki then open that app thats in the installer. Youre talking about this right?

For some reason when I try and start up the new app from the installer, it keeps giving me this message

Do you have any add-ons? The error message you got describes how to troubleshoot problems with add-ons.

I have tried holding down shift button when opening the app to disable the add-ons but I still get an error. I’ll try it again to see if it does it again.

Yes, I see you did mention in the first message that you deactivated the add-ons, sorry.

The error you’re getting is not in any add-on code, it’s in line 594 of this file, which is the code of the main Anki program:

The only thing I could suggest is maybe try downgrading to 2.1.66. Go to Releases · ankitects/anki · GitHub and scroll down to the 2.1.66 section, and then at the bottom of that section, click on Assets to expand it, and download one of the Mac versions available.

That error message is caused by an add-on. If you still get it, it implies that you haven’t successfully disabled add-ons.

Thank you so much, I’ll do that now and hopefully it works!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.