Spacebar typing does not work with external keyboard

Hi,

I am using AnkiMobile in iPad with an external keyboard (iPad Smart Keyboard). The problem is that the app AnkiMobile forcefully binds spacebar key to showing the answer, but my card is typing note type and there are spaces in the answer (e.g. noun with article, sentences, etc.)
So I cannot type the answer because every time I press the spacebar, it haults the textbox and skip to the answer.
(The soft keyboard on screen works fine)

Is there any settings to close this feature? Or would it be possible to have an update in the future fixing this problem?

Thank you.

After upgrading to 2.0.73, I can’t type in the answer on my iPad with external Apple keyboard. All the keys work except the spacebar. When I type a space, the focus is moved from the entry box.

This is an unintended regression, and I hope to have an update sent to Apple within a few days.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I am looking forward to the update. :slight_smile:

Today I have noticed the update in App Store, and this problem is now solved. Thank you very much for very quick response.

However, I found another problem regarding feedback key in new cards.
I post the detail on another forum topic here: Learning Card with External Keyboard - key 3 does not work

I fear I am actually still having the original problem. Cannot type hot keys into editable fields. I had opened a new issue prior to me discovering this one so possibly duplicated the issue: