No exporting cards possible

since a few days i cannot export any cards anymore. There is a mistake notice:
can you please help me? I did already reinstall the app, did synchronise, restart my laptop etc etc. I didnt have the problem a week ago.
I would be thankful for someone who could explain it to me in german aswell.
Debuginformationen:
Anki 2.1.49 (dc80804a) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.15.7
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-01-13 13:52:37

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/taskman.py”, line 101, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt/taskman.py”, line 71, in
File “aqt/exporting.py”, line 173, in on_done
File “concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 432, in result
File “concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 388, in __get_result
File “concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
File “aqt/exporting.py”, line 167, in do_export
File “anki/exporting.py”, line 342, in exportInto
File “anki/exporting.py”, line 350, in doExport
File “anki/exporting.py”, line 253, in exportInto
File “anki/models.py”, line 539, in update
File “anki/_backend/generated.py”, line 450, in add_or_update_notetype
File “anki/_backend/init.py”, line 131, in _run_command
anki.errors.TemplateError: Kartenvorlage ⁨2⁩ hat ein Problem.
Die Vorderseite ist identisch mit der Kartenvorlage ⁨1⁩.

You notetype has two cardtypes with identiacal front templates. This is usually unintended, so Anki won’t let you export the faulty notetype.

1 Like

thank you very much. Can you explain to my how i can find out which ones are identical and what i can do to help me with that?

Open one of the notes you can’t export in the browser. In the editor, click “Cards…”. In the new window, select “Kartenvorlage 2” from the dropdown menu. Then click “Options…” at the top right and “Remove card type…”.
More information can be found in the manual. For example on card templates.

Thank you so much for your effort, but i’m not very good with computers. I wanted to export 3000 cards, so i dont really know which card is / which cards are the problem, so i cant really find out without a very large amount of time. I also can’t find the “Kartenvorlage 2”. Its devastating. Im so sorry to annoy you with my incompetence.

No problem. From the main screen, open the “Tools” menu at the top and choose “Manage Note Types”. You’ll now see a list of all your notetypes. Select the first one and click “Cards” on the right. You can immediately close the appearing window by clicking “Save”. An error message will let you know if there is anything wrong with the current notetype. Fix the error (e.g. by deleting a template as described above) and try to “Save” again.
Repeat this for every notetype in the list to find any errors.

1 Like

I got it !! Thank you very much for the explanation :slight_smile: Wish you a very nice evening

1 Like