Morphman recalc error

I installed Morphman using a Youtube tutorial by Matt vs Japan and despite following all of his instructions, I’m still having an issue with the “Recalc” function. This issue goes deep into the code of Anki and I’m just not that tech literate. I’m currently using anki 2.1.22 because it’s the only version compatible with other add-ons that I use. When I hit “recalc” it gives me this message: “Failed to get field “Expression” from a note of model “MIA Jpn DX”. Please fix your config.py file to match your collection appropriately and ignore the following error.”

Another screen pops up with the relevant Debug info:

Anki 2.1.22 (0ecc189a) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-09-12 10:50:21

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\900801631_init_.py”, line 14, in onMorphManRecalc
main.main()
File “C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\900801631\morph\main.py”, line 434, in main
allDb = mkAllDb(cur)
File “C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\900801631\morph\main.py”, line 115, in mkAllDb
fieldValue = extractFieldData(fieldName, flds, mid)
File “C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\900801631\morph\main.py”, line 54, in extractFieldData
return stripHTML(splitFields(fields)[idx])
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not NoneType

“Failed to get field “Expression” from a note of model “MIA Jpn DX”. Please fix your config.py file to match your collection appropriately and ignore the following error.

Maybe use Tools - Manage Note Types to check that “MIA Jpn DX” has the Expression field.

Yeah did that and it worked but then something else went wrong so I just said screw morphman and deleted it. Not worth the hassle for someone who doesn’t know that much about programming and just wants to learn a language.

1 Like