Insert new notes on top [Official Support]

My first addon. Very rough, but it works

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1181864101

1 Like

Unfortunately not working for me, when I add a new card a popup appear saying “Value out of range: -1”.

If you hover the mouse over the insert new cards on top button, what does it say?

Okay, i pushed a fix

You are supposed to make room yourself on top, using the browser and the reposition

Otherwise, your whole deck will have to do a full sync every time you add a card

I think there is a conflict with another addon, I don’t even see the button in the Add window if nbspRemover (/shared/info/1676672391) is on, and on startup I get this error:

When loading '<U+2068>nbspRemover<U+2069>':
<U+2068>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aqt.addons", line 244, in loadAddons
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1676672391\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
    init_addcards()
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1676672391\addcards.py", line 33, in init_addcards
    add_cards_did_init(store_addcards)
  File "aqt.hooks_gen", line 133, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1181864101\__init__.py", line 53, in insert_button_in_add_window
    bb = win.form.buttonBox
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'form'

I’ll try to post the same on nbspRemover’s page to see if something could be done.

Yeah, he is aware of the problem

For now just disable one of the plugins

Yeah don’t worry, and thank you for this addon*!

*for something that should definitely be a toggable option in vanilla anki, winks to the devs

1 Like

It wasnt a very difficult to implement addon. All the pieces are there, just need to be called on the proper order. I dont know if v3 scheduler is able to do something similar. I have not yet try to migrate, but for what i read is very promising

This addon has been a game changer for me. Since i use it, ive increased my retention and the sheer volume of what i study to the next level