Error message on Anki

I am trying to download the Ankihub add on to my Anki but every time I try to open it I get an Error message. I have deleted all my add- ons to see if that would help and also have done Tools- Check Database but the error message keeps coming back. Attaching the message down below, please help:

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.62 (77dd1dc1) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.0 PyQt 6.5.0
Platform: macOS-12.4-x86_64-i386-64bit
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-05-10 13:39:00

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.main”, line 1721, in onAppMsg
File “aqt.main”, line 1289, in installAddon
File “aqt.addons”, line 1678, in installAddonPackages
File “aqt.addons”, line 500, in processPackages
File “aqt.addons”, line 429, in install
File “aqt.addons”, line 470, in _install
File “zipfile”, line 1625, in extract
File “zipfile”, line 1696, in _extract_member
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/Users/aasthapokharel/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/user_files/README.md’

Please close Anki, then start it again while holding down the shift key, which will disable any add-ons you have installed.

Then try to remove/install/update the add-on.

Yes I tried the shift option while opening and then also deleted all my add ons as well and it didn’t work.
Have tried restarting my computer but the error message keeps popping up regardless

Maybe close Anki, then use Finder to go to ‘‘/Users/…/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/’ and try to remove the ‘1322529746’ folder. Then open Anki and try to install the add-on.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/files.html#file-locations

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.