Error | Caught Exception

An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.30 (06a69c25) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-08-16 09:35:28

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aqt\", line 37, in cmd
  File "aqt\", line 123, in _onCmd
  File "aqt\", line 547, in _onBridgeCmd
  File "aqt\", line 67, in _linkHandler
  File "aqt\", line 646, in moveToState
  File "aqt\", line 668, in _reviewState
  File "aqt\", line 65, in show
  File "aqt\", line 110, in nextCard
  File "anki\", line 62, in getCard
  File "anki\", line 164, in _getCard
  File "anki\", line 840, in _getRevCard
  File "anki\", line 306, in getCard
  File "anki\", line 45, in __init__
  File "anki\", line 51, in load
  File "anki\", line 311, in get_card
  File "anki\", line 265, in _run_command
anki.rsbackend.DBError: DBError { info: "InvalidColumnType(10, \"factor\", Real)", kind: Other }

I’m not sure which version of Anki I was using yesterday, but I formatted my computer yesterday and usually anki will sync up fine and I’d be on my way. This morning on the new install of windows and launching Anki for the first time since I formatted I get this error when trying to launch a specific deck, it seems to be only one out of three that I use, but it’s my most important one.

some other menus will also cause an error that seems similar, like when I go to close the application which results in me needing to end the task with the task manager.

I’ve tried adding addons I thought I might have had previosly, reverting to an older version (one update back), restarting, database checks, resyncing, deleting anki folders.

I’m not sure how to read the error and was wondering if someone here might know how to read it, thanks.

I’ve removed the lastest version and the folder in %appdata% and installed version
Version 2.1.15 (442df9d6)
Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3
This is working for me now. But I’d love to know if here was a way to use the newest version with my current deck as I’ll be using this deck for a long time I think.

You have some bad data in your database, which I suspect was caused by an add-on. The following in the debug console should fix it.

mw.col.db.execute("update cards set factor=round(factor)")

You’ll need to do a full sync afterwards.


Thanks for the reply I will try this out after my next reveiws!

This has fixed my issue, thanks very much.