Dialogue box collision on startup

macOS 11.6, Intel; Anki 2.1.53

On startup, when a synchronization decision is required (Download from/Upload to AnkiWeb) and there are add-ons to be updated, the two dialogue windows appear nearly simultaneously in such a way that interaction with neither one, nor the main Anki window, is possible. See image.

The synchronization dialogue, of course, can be closed; but having done so, one still cannot interact with either the main window or the add-on update dialogue. Or you can press the Return key to accept the add-on updates. But what if you don’t want the updates? It’s impossible to select Cancel or to close the add-on update find. The only “escape routes” are to accept the updates via the Return key or to use the OS to force-quit the application. Or I suppose I could block the API call for add-on update so that only the synchronization request appears on profile loading. Or, it would be really nice to be able to disable automatic add-on update checking.

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug?

2 Likes

Sounds like a bug; added to Check we're not presenting multiple modal dialogs at once on startup · Issue #1988 · ankitects/anki · GitHub