Copycat Importer (AnkiApp/AnkiPro)

hello I wanted to know to use the copycat add-on to copy deck from Anki plz its urgent

@noneeded @Hattie @Riyaadh If anyone of you is willing to share their AnkiApp account with me (click on my profile picture to see my email), I can look more into the issue.

1 Like

Hi im trying to import some cards from ankipro using the copycat importer. I keep getting a indication of a bug. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Thanks!
‘’’
Anki 24.06.2 (33a92379) (ao)
Python 3.9.18 Qt 6.6.2 PyQt 6.6.1
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.22631

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 142, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 86, in
File “C:\Users\nolan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\gui\dialog.py”, line 56, in on_done
count, warnings = fut.result()
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 439, in result
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 391, in __get_result
File “concurrent.futures.thread”, line 58, in run
File “C:\Users\nolan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\gui\dialog.py”, line 51, in start_importing
return importer.do_import(), importer.warnings
File “C:\Users\nolan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\importers\ankipro.py”, line 218, in do_import
return self._import_cards()
File “C:\Users\nolan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\importers\ankipro.py”, line 204, in _import_cards
contents += “
”.join(
File “C:\Users\nolan\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\importers\ankipro.py”, line 205, in
media_refs_map[id] for id in media_ids
KeyError: 20299647

===Add-ons (active)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])
Copycat Importer AnkiAppAnkiPro [‘2072125761’, 2024-06-12T06:45, ‘None’, mod]
Spell Checker [‘369581638’, 2023-10-11T07:47, ‘None’, ‘’]

===IDs of active AnkiWeb add-ons===
2072125761 369581638

===Add-ons (inactive)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])
‘’’

1 Like

Hi ! First of all thanks so much for the importer! AnkiApp has failed the last few days and I honestly thought I’d lost the 15000 cards that I’d spent years creating!
Managed to import to anki from AnkiApp, but now am getting (as with a lot of people) an error message that says “missing media file”
Any chance that anyone know how to deal with this ??

1 Like

I’ll push a fix for this today.

There’s probably nothing to do about it if it’s an issue from their side, but if can look into it and hope to find something if you share your AnkiApp account with me privately.

I can access your account from the add-on and import the cards normally. Please see the add-on’s page for instructions.

Hi,

I’ve logged into AnkiApp’s site through the Anki program in order to use the CopyCat Importer, but even though I’m logged in, when I go to Tools > Copycat Importer, I can’t select Import from AnkiApp or Import from AnkiPro.

How can I import the cards?

Thank you for your help.

Is it saying “not logged in”?

No. I’m logged in. But for some reason, it says “Login to AnkiApp” at the top of the window.

After you log in to your AnkiApp account from Anki, close this window then in the window with the Import button it should say “logged in” in green. You can then simply click Import to import the cards.

It worked. Thank you!!! :blush: I have another question, but I don’t know if you can answer this one or if I should post it elsewhere on the forum.

After importing my AnkiApp decks, I see that my cards are repeating (side one first, then after I’ve answered, I get the same card but with side two first). How can I make it so the cards only show me side one first?

I found some instructions on another page, but they only explain how to change this one card at a time (and I have thousands of cards! :sweat:).

Thank you again for helping me import my cards! I am glad that I was finally able to move on from the other app.

Hey abdo, thanks so much for this I can see you are working so much.
I’m trying to copy over to anki from AnkiApp but getting the error below. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong here.

Anki 24.06.3 (d678e393)  (ao)
Python 3.9.18 Qt 6.6.2 PyQt 6.6.1
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.22631

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aqt.taskman", line 142, in _on_closures_pending
  File "aqt.taskman", line 86, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\gui\dialog.py", line 56, in on_done
    count, warnings = fut.result()
  File "concurrent.futures._base", line 439, in result
  File "concurrent.futures._base", line 391, in __get_result
  File "concurrent.futures.thread", line 58, in run
  File "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\gui\dialog.py", line 51, in start_importing
    return importer.do_import(), importer.warnings
  File "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\importers\ankiapp.py", line 428, in do_import
    return self._import_cards()
  File "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2072125761\importers\ankiapp.py", line 333, in _import_cards
    self.mw.col.models.add(model)
  File "anki.models", line 205, in add
  File "anki._backend_generated", line 1087, in add_notetype_legacy
  File "anki._backend", line 171, in _run_command
anki.errors.CardTypeError: Card template <U+2068>1<U+2069> in notetype '<U+2068>New Hanzi (front); Pinyin and English (back)<U+2069>' has a problem.<br>Field '<U+2068>BackSide<U+2069>' not found.

===Add-ons (active)===
Chinese Support 3 ['1752008591', 2024-02-25T20:37, 'None', mod]
Copycat Importer AnkiAppAnkiPro ['2072125761', 2024-07-23T00:15, 'None', mod]

===IDs of active AnkiWeb add-ons===
1752008591 2072125761

===Add-ons (inactive)===
  1. Click the Cards button in the editor.
  2. Choose the second type in the Card Type drop-down at the top.
  3. Click Options > Remove Card Type at the top right.
  4. Confirm by clicking Yes then click Save.

Looks like a bug. Can you share your AnkiApp account with me privately to make it easier for me to investigate?

@Mooker Your issue should be fixed now.

Awesome thank you, it’s working for me now. Appreciate your work!

First, thank you so much for this importer add-on!! Im trying to import a 1877 cards deck (with 14 subdecks) from AnkiPro, but there’s a problem that I don’t know how to solve.

I followed the instructions and it started importing normally, but after about 3 hours, i’ve decided to close it to see how many cards had already been imported. And it was about 100.000!!! When I open it, there were some cards duplicated about 80 times.

So I deleted the imported deck, and started over, but it happened again. I noticed that it only imported from 1 subdeck, and the more time i let it loading, the more duplicates it made from that same subdeck. And the others subdecks remained empty.

Did this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Tysm

Can you share your AnkiPro login with me privately?

1 Like

Sure, sent it to your e-mail abdo@abdnh.net. tysm

1 Like

Hey there! I’m trying to import a 405 card deck from Ankipro. Logging in works and the ‘importing’ bar shows up, but it gets stuck there no matter how long I let it run. After closing Anki in the task manager and opening it back up, the subdeck structure and the same 40 cards are always there, but the rest is missing. I’ve let the plugin run for 3+ hours to no effect, reinstalled Anki and the plugin several times, tried using the login token from the chrome extension instead of the regular login, nothing seems to work.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Can you share your AnkiPro login with me privately? I’ll look into this.