Card template has an alignment problem

I would ideally like to have “From before the biblical flood” and “Very old fashioned” on top of each other.
This is my current template:

Front

What does {{Word}} mean?

Back

{{FrontSide}}

{{Definition}}

{{Definition 2}}

What is the content of the Styling section of your template?

.card {
font-family: arial;
font-size: 20px;
text-align: center;
color: black;
background-color: white;
}

I wonder why none of the {{FrontSide}}, {{Definition}}, {{Definition2}} fields follow that rule. Would you post a screenshot of your Front and Back templates?

If that is really all the code, I do not understand how it is possible that What does {{Word}} mean? is right-aligned in your screenshot.

1. Is that really a screenshot of one of your notes? On what platform/Anki version was it taken?
  2. What Anki version are you using? It looks like some version of AnkiDroid, but I am not sure. If so, I suspect AnkiDroid offers a way to change the alignment of the fields that does not involve the card template, and this function is interfering with your desired outcome. Maybe try opening the same note on the Desktop version of Anki and see if the fields follow the same alignment.
  3. If none of this helps, could you please post a screenshot of the HTML content of your fields?
2 Likes

I saw someone mention checking the html for what I had put in the definition 2 field and there was stuff there that wasn’t supposed to be. I did that and there was inexplicable alignment code there. I’ve taken it out and it seems to be aligned properly. Thanks for trying to help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.