Can I make text display more centered?

I have a pretty big screen and it’s irritating that a question or answer with a lot of text gets displayed over the whole width of the screen. It’s also exhausting to read. Is there an add-on or setting that centers all the text more towards the middle? Of course I could make the window smaller but then I see my wallpaper and stuff on it (unless I hide that which is also irritating) which is distracting.

put that in your styling section of your template:

.card {
max-width: 700px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

the 700px here are an example depending on your screen size. I for example work on a 4k monitor, so you can modify this to your liking. But I also use iphone and ipad, so the settings have to be inividual for all devices.

but notice: when you have multiple fields, the .card will apply on all of them. But when you for example only want text to be narrow, than it makes sense to make a second field for only image content.

and you can make a class for text fields and images, so the pictures are still big, and only the text gets narrowed.

then you could make something like this:

.card {
padding-top: 10px;
font-family: MonoLisa,Menlo;
text-align: center;
font-size: 1rem;
height: 100%;
margin: 0px 15px;
flex-grow: 1;
padding-bottom: 1em;
margin-top: 15px !important;
max-width: 100%;
}

#text {
max-width: 65%;
text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) 3px 3px 5px;
word-spacing: -20px;
}

.iphone .card {
padding-bottom: 5em;
margin: 0px 3px;
max-width: 700px;
word-spacing: -3px;
text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) 2px 2px 5px;
}

.iphone #text {

max-width: 100% !important;

word-spacing: -3px !important;

}

.ipad .card {

max-width: 1300px !important;

text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) 3px 3px 5px;

}

.ipad .card #text {

max-width: 80% !important;

word-spacing: -10px;

}

Since I’m not good at coding you see “!important” here and there. Every person who can code would bang their heads against the wall I assume, and there may be way more elegant ways. But for me it does the trick so yeah you live you learn I guess.

hope that helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.