Basic Printing Add-On

I am using the Basic Printing Add-On 1025789669. It is great and exactly what I need. However, I am struggling with modifying the .py-script in a way that my cards are sorted columnwise instead of rowwise. I.e., instead of [[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9],[10,11,12]], I would like to have it [[1,5,9],[2,6,10],[3,7,11],[4,8,12]]. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Here is a quick and dirty solution:

(not tested much)

2 Likes

That’s perfect. Thanks a lot! <3 You made my day :slight_smile:

Hey again :slight_smile:
I tested it quite intense the last couple of days and just came across one issue: it seems that the last 1 or 2 cards of the deck are getting lost (not printed) when the total number of cards is not an integer multiple of 3 (due to the columns). So the incomplete row is skipped entirely rather than that the empty space is filled. I just realized it and didn’t had the time yet to search for a solution, but just wanted to report it already. Maybe you have an idea on this.

Best, L

Oh yes, I was expecting this kind of bug :slight_smile:
Will look into fixing it and telling you when I have the time.

Should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey, I also have a question about the add-on. when I print the cards, the question and answer are both on one side. is there a way to put the answer on the back of the paper?

I think the question and answer sides should be written by the add-on to separate pages for this to be possible. Not sure how difficult it’s to modify the add-on to support this.