Back/forward buttons in browser

Please could you add back and forward buttons to the browser. This would be a great, timesaving feature that I am sure would be extensively used and loved by all :smiley:

1 Like

What do you mean exactly by back/forward buttons?

1 Like

I mean Back and Forward buttons like you have in a web browser. Say you are in the Anki browser and have done a search for notes with tags A, B but not C or D. Then you find you need to quickly refer to another note Q. To get back to the original seach A, B but not C or D, you have to redo the entire search. It would be great to click on a back button to return to the previous search, without having to type it back in.

1 Like

Maybe not as convenient as back/forward buttons, but you can already see the previous browser searches and select them using the up/down arrow keys and the drop-down button shown to the right of the search bar.

2 Likes

Well I’ll be darned. I didn’t realise that! Thanks for letting me know. I will give it a try :upside_down_face:

I second the suggestion for a more browser-like system, maybe with multiple tabs. I’ve had numerous situations where this would have been helpful - especially for people who use Anki as their primary note-keeping software :slight_smile:

2 Likes