Anki not working after installing a new monitor and graphics card update

Since you’re on Anki 2.1.29, I think, it’d be better to download and install the latest Anki 2.1.31 beta version - Anki 2.1.31 Beta - #4 by dae

About the window freezing while using keyboard shortcuts to change input language, I’m not sure about it and it might not help, but maybe try to enable hardware acceleration in Anki.

• Install the latest Anki 2.1.31 Beta

• Update your graphics cards driver again

I don’t know how you updated it in the first post since you got the error message

Failed to create OpenGL context … Install a driver providing OpenGL2.0 or higher

but try to download and install it from Download The Latest Official GeForce Drivers if you didn’t do it already. Maybe it’ll work this time.

It seems like there’re two versions available that support NVIDIA GeForce 1060, but as far as I understand it’s just a matter of choice since they both have libEGL.dll, libGLEv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll included that seems to be required by Anki and hardware acceleration.

• Then restart your PC

• Open Anki, enable hardware acceleration in the Tools - Preferences and restart Anki.

If something goes wrong and Anki won’t open after enabling hardware acceleration, use this help - Changes - Changes

• Maybe the issue will be gone. Otherwise, I’m not sure what else to try.

1 Like