Anki not following system theme

I’m trying to get Anki to use my system’s GTK theme, but it’s not working.
I installed Anki via this package: AUR (en) - anki
It’s seems that it’s using Qt, so I followed the instructions here to make Qt applications use GTK themes: Uniform look for Qt and GTK applications - ArchWiki
This works on applications like fcitx5-configtool (a Qt5 application), but it’s not working for Anki.
Any advice on how to make this work?

If by theme you mean light/dark mode, you should select the Auto option under Preferences > Appearance > Theme. Please note it will not switch instantly when your system theme switches, because it’s set to a ludicrous interval of 300s due to a system log spam issue on Linux.

If you want custom GTK widget styles, you might have luck with the option “Native” under Preferences > Appearance > Style.

If you want custom GTK widget styles, you might have luck with the option “Native” under Preferences > Appearance > Style.

Thanks, that improved things bit, but it only affects certain places like the top menu-bar and Preferences.

The main deck menu, add menu, etc. still uses Anki’s default light color.

Of course, I can just turn on Anki’s dark mode, but ideally I wanted Anki to use the colors from my GTK theme. Is there a way to do this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.