Anki application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be instalized

When installing Anki 2.54 or 2.157 and launching the program I got this error message

I can not correct this error.
The file pyqt5_tools is not found in this PC with Windows 10.

I would like to thank anyone who will provide help.

This response is given by Chatgpt:

This error message typically indicates that there is a missing or incorrect installation of the Qt platform plugin required by Anki. Here are some steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Reinstall Anki: Try reinstalling Anki to ensure that all the necessary components are installed correctly.
  2. Check the installation location: Make sure that Anki is installed in the correct location. It should be installed in a directory that does not require administrator privileges.
  3. Check the environment variables: Ensure that the environment variables for Qt are set up correctly. Specifically, the PATH variable should include the location of the Qt binaries.
  4. Install the required Qt platform plugin: You may need to install the required Qt platform plugin manually. In this case, you should download the appropriate plugin from the Qt website and copy it to the appropriate location on your system.
  5. Check your system’s compatibility: Check that your system meets the minimum requirements for running Anki.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to reach out to the Anki support team or search the Anki user forum for further assistance.

ChatGPT Feb 13 Version. Free Research Preview. Our goal is to make AI systems more natural and safe to interact with. Your feedback will help us improve.

Please refrain from using AI to answer posts (even your own), as it often gives irrelevant or incorrect advice.

Have you tried both the -qt6 and -qt5 versions of Anki?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.