Anki 2.1.43 Beta

Hi all,

A new beta is now available. It is a minor update, and the plan is to release this as stable in about a week if no issues are discovered. For more info, please see https://betas.ankiweb.net

3 Likes

Please make Congratulations! on hover so that it doesn’t cover so much space. Reference

Are sticky fields supposed to work with this version? I can find neither pin icons nor a setting within “Fields” that would enable them.

The PR was merged 18 days ago so I thought it would be available in this beta.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found the release notes on the beta website. :+1: Still curious about why it wasn’t added to that beta yet :slight_smile:

There are a whole bunch of exciting new features on the main branch, but since they are quite novel they need time to be tested before they can be released as stable. So I assume Damien wanted to publish these nondisruptive fixes before an extended beta phase with the new features begins.

5 Likes

How do you adjust the start date of the calendar? I can’t see any button which does that… I think you can do that by pressing on the letters on the side, but it took a while to figure that out :innocent:

Also, in filtered decks, if you press E and R (for empty and rebuild) quickly, then Anki UI will disappear :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a bit hard to find. I think the intent was to make it non-invasive since it’s not a feature that’s requested or changed that much, but maybe an explanatory message shown when hovering the week day labels will be nice.

2 Likes

thanks for the response

what about this ? is it just my computer???

Yes, I can reproduce it, not sure what causes it though, and I think it’s a minor issue as pressing E and R one after the other multiple times and quickly is unusual :slight_smile:

2.1.43 has been released as stable - if you run into any issues with it, please let us know on a new post.

I believe spamming E/R is triggering a race condition with the page load. Future architectural changes will likely indirectly solve this, so the advice for now is “don’t do that” :slight_smile:

3 Likes