Suspending Fields Rather Than Deleting Them

Dear Anki People,
I just downloaded a shared deck with a lot of fields, including audio fields for both the main and target language. What I would like to do is suspend the audio field for the main language, so I only listen to the target language. When trying to edit the note I only see an option to delete fields, but I want to activate the audio for the main language again at a later point in time.

Is it possible to do this? If not with Anki’s standard tools, then maybe with an add-on?
I am using the Mac desktop version, as well as AnkiMobile Flashcards.

Cheers a lot!

Adjust the note‘s template according your needs and leave all fields as they are.

Is this the right window to adjust that? I want field 3 and 4 suspended.

This is not the right screen. Here you can delete fields. If you remove a field, this field and its content is removed from all notes. You should look for the template screen (Card Templates - Anki Manual). The template is responsible for which field content is displayed on your card. You can post a screenshot of your front and back template, so that we can make proposals how to edit them.

1 Like

Should I remove
{{English Audio}}
from the front template and

{{Phonics}}
from the back template?

If this is what you want to do :slight_smile:

Copy the current templates to a text editor, in case you are not satisfied with the results.

2 Likes

Yes that worked :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll keep a copy of the original code so I can revert it back later on.

Thanks for helping, no way I would have found the correct way by myself xD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.