Problem with MIA add-on dictionaries

After following the guide on how to use this add-on, the MIA dictionary add-on, I got stuck at actually importing the dictionaries.
I downloaded the add-on, the dictionaries(in this case Japanese and English), dragged the zip files into the dictionary part of the add-on file and started anki. Then I got an error message that there was some error downloading the dictionaries into anki. I could open the add-on in anki and it showed me that I HAD the dictionaries, but whenever I tried to search something, anything it only says ,no dictionary entries were found for x. Thanks so much for your help