LPCG template error

I’m looking for a workaround for this error with the LPCG v1.3.0 that keeps me from loading and using the plugin. I can access existing cards/notes made with it.

Upon startup (Windows desktop)

"In order to import new notes in this version of LPCG, your LPCG note types needs to be upgraded. This may require a full sync of your collection upon completion. Would you like to upgrade the note type now? If you say now, you will be asked again next time you start Anki"

OR When choosing the Import Lyrics/Poetry item from the menu:

“Your LPCG note type is out of date and needs to be upgraded before you can use LPCG. To
upgrade the note type, restart Anki and respond yes to the prompt”

Each path will cause this error:

Anki 2.1.40 (cf446733) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-03-01 22:01:15

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt\progress.py”, line 52, in handler
File “aqt\main.py”, line 138, in on_window_init
File “aqt\main.py”, line 186, in setupProfileAfterWebviewsLoaded
File “aqt\main.py”, line 227, in setupProfile
File “aqt\main.py”, line 406, in loadProfile
File “aqt\hooks_gen.py”, line 2140, in call
File “C:\Users\student5\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2084557901\models.py”, line 276, in ensure_note_type
new_version = mod.upgrade_from(current_version)
File “C:\Users\student5\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2084557901\models.py”, line 112, in upgrade_from
func(model)
File “C:\Users\student5\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2084557901\models.py”, line 162, in upgrade_onethreeoh
assert len(mod[‘tmpls’]) == 1, “LPCG note type has extra templates!”
AssertionError: LPCG note type has extra templates!

Hi Troy,

This error means you have modified the “LPCG 1.0” note type in your collection, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Do you have any LPCG notes in your collection yet? If not, you could simply delete the note type and restart Anki to try again.

If you do have some notes that would be lost if you did this, please choose Tools → Manage Note Types → LPCG 1.0 → Cards, and post a screenshot of this dialog with each “Card Type” selected at the top.

here are screenshots for the three card types currently defined:

If you delete card types 2 and 3, the error should go away. Those aren’t provided with LPCG and I’m guessing they were added by accident.

and away it went! Not sure how I got into this situation, but much thanks for your help.