柔道 Judo 日本語–IT/EN

A trilingual (JA→IT/EN) judo glossary based on the terms found in the Piccola presentazione del Judo a cura del Sakura Osimo (www.judosakuraosimo.it) with some extra content. Largely based on individual kanji(1) and their combinations, with romaji readings and glosses relevant to judo (but also basic Japanese vocabulary in certain cases).

Automatic links to entries at Jisho. org and manual links mostly to techniques at judo.ijf. org(2). Most notes have the following cards: Japanese→romaji, romaji→IT+EN, IT+EN→romaji. Cards indicate tags as context cues(3), and romaji→IT+EN cards have a small indication of the kanji to avoid interference between homophones(4). There are also a number of Cloze cards to deal with (my) confusion between kanji and for kanji with more than a couple of readings.

To approximate the order of content in the Piccola presentazione, you could suspend all cards then progressively unsuspend this sequence of tags: KanōJigorō, (hiragana)(5), jūdō(6), dōjō, jūdōgi, obi, rei, shisei, ukemi, nage-waza, tachi-waza, sutemi-waza, katame-waza, atemi-waza, daiikkyō, dainikyō, daisankyō, daiyonkyō, daigokyō, dairokukyō, shinmeishō-no-waza, (kinshi-waza)(7), (te-waza, koshi-waza, ashi-waza, ma-sutemi-waza, yoko-sutemi-waza, makikomi-waza)(8), osaekomi-waza, kansetsu-waza, shime-waza, shiai

The deck is based on information to be found in the public domain. I’m barely a white belt, and I’m no expert in Japanese either, but I am a professional Italian-English translator casually using Duolingo to learn some Japanese, so hopefully any errors won’t be too outlandish. There may be some inconsistencies and/or imperfections in hyphenation(9) and macrons for long vowels ō and ū.

If you feel like trying Duolingo yourself or doing me a favour, please use the following link to join, which should get me a free week of Duolingo Plus: Duolingo

1. 20 Rules of Formulating Knowledge (www.supermemo.com/en/archives1990-2015/articles/20rules) #4, 6 & 17
  2. 20RFK #18
  3. 20RFK #16
  4. 20RFK #11
  5. Logically, this basic element of the Japanese writing system belongs near the beginning, but I don’t think it would be helpful to learn all these syllables systematically here (ones not involved in these terms aren’t even included in the deck). Individual syllables should be easy enough to cope with in context, so I’ve only tended to tag them more specifically when there are two or more (e.g. 'su', 'ka' and 'shi' are also tagged as shinmeishō-no-waza, like 'sukashi' is) or it’s possible to attach a specific meaning, as with 'no'.
  6. Containing the initial information, but also everything that didn’t seem to fit neatly into a more specific category.
  7. Forbidden techniques, but two of them are among the shinmeishō-no-waza.
  8. This set of tags is basically an alternative categorisation for the set running from daiikkyō to shinmeishō-no-waza. You might prefer to use this instead.
  9. cf. www.ijf.org/news/show/how-to-write-judo-1

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/360569157