Help with Anki Error?

Hello! Lately I’ve been getting a lot of error messages when I have Anki open, mostly when I am adding new cards to my deck. I downloaded an OCR (manga_ocr) and used ShareX, and for whatever reason error messages started popping up (I disabled both my add-ons, but it still happens). I have tried the “Check Database” feature, but it only results in the error message (copy pasted below) right after it says “Database rebuilt and optimized”. I have tried closing and re-opening Anki, but it only seems to be a temporary fix.

It’s worth noting that I’ve also had multiple error messages occur before downloading ShareX and the OCR, though I solved that by disabling both my add-ons. Unfortunately, I never saved the error message that occurred during those times, but I can say that it looked similar to the below (with waitress.(insert something here) and something about OSErrors and sockets and stuff… as you can tell I’m not a coder lol).

Anki 2.1.57 (6b7d372c) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.22621
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-02-21 17:54:23

Exception when servicing <waitress.channel.HTTPChannel connected 127.0.0.1:63434 at 0x23257a4ddf0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “waitress.task”, line 84, in handler_thread
File “waitress.channel”, line 510, in service
File “waitress.server”, line 331, in pull_trigger
File “waitress.trigger”, line 96, in pull_trigger
File “waitress.trigger”, line 200, in _physical_pull
OSError: [WinError 10038] An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket
Exception when servicing <waitress.channel.HTTPChannel connected 127.0.0.1:63435 at 0x23257a4deb0>
OSError: [WinError 10038] An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

EDIT: If it helps, copy pasting a new photo into any field when adding a card also results in this error (the photo still gets pasted, an error message just pops up alongside it):

Anki 2.1.57 (6b7d372c) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.22621
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-02-21 17:54:23

Exception when servicing <waitress.channel.HTTPChannel connected 127.0.0.1:57788 at 0x232020d1160>

Could you update to the latest version (2.1.60)? The 2.1.57 had a bug in it

This release fixes an issue in 2.1.57 that caused cards and deck presets
to be reset to the default ease, if you exported a .colpkg with compatibility
with older clients enabled, or used the downgrade and quit option, then opened
the collection again. For the former issue, this occurred to the collection you
were exporting from, and not just the .colpkg file. If you were affected by this,
running the following in the debug console after updating should restore your
cards to the ease they were at when you last reviewed them, if they were not
reviewed after the problem occurred. Please make a backup before proceeding.
2.1.58 changelogs

this issue seems likely:

1 Like

Hmm, updating didn’t seem to work. I will say that it didn’t make any error messages until I started using my OCR again, so maybe that’s the cause of it…? I’ll look at the link you’ve given and see if that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.