Anki 2.1 Desktop: Ctrl + F jump from tags does not work correctly

Hi,
I noticed a weird behaviour of the Anki card browser when the cursor is inside the tag field of a card, and then you press Ctrl + F to continue searching for something. The search field will be highlighted BUT the first letter I type in the search field will then always still be typed in the tags field and only the second typed letter will be typed in the search field.

This is entirely reproduceable and happens each time regardless of waiting delay before typing or similar. I accidentally created several erroneous tags because of this (before I noticed).

Version 2.1.26 (70784154)
Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Windows 10

(I can’t update to a newer version because the JS in my note type won’t work or at least I got HTML errors that do not occure in the current version.)

I can’t seem to reproduce this. Can you trigger it with 2.1.33? Are you typing English or a language with an IME like Japanese?

This happens when the tag suggestion list is shown.
TagEdit.focusOutEvent is not being triggered for some reason when transferring focus to other parts of the browser using the keyboard (with Ctrl+F, Ctrl+Shift+L, etc.).

1 Like

I type normal Latin characters. From a few tests it looks like, yes, it may be connected to the tag suggestion list being shown.

I’m trying to get into the habit of first typing a few blanks after pressing Ctrl + F.

@abdo ah, thanks.

@n8abx perhaps you could use Esc to close the popup first?

Yes, thanks, that would work, too. I prefer tying blanks.

It’s a very small thing and maybe a keyboard shortcut that not many use in this order. Still it’s a thing that deserves a place not all that far down in the priority list as it leads to broken tags that take a while to fix until a user notices. Thanks for your work!