Anki 2.1.61 Beta / Release Candidate

4 Likes

Beta 2 is now available: Changes in 2.1.61 - Anki Betas

4 Likes

Windows10
Version ⁨2.1.61 (d0ab7acb)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0

‘Daily Limits’ section of the Options screen: when I click on ‘New cards ignore review limit’, the corresponding section of the “Daily Limits short manual” doesn’t open up. Instead, it takes me to the section that I last accessed.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, I’ve pushed a fix.

4 Likes

@Rumo, since the new " New cards ignore review limit" option is a global paramater affeting the whole collection and not single decks, don’t you think it would be better placed in preferences > review section?

1 Like

Placing it in the preferences would be more consistent in that regard, but having it in the deck options next to the other limit options makes it more likely users will discover it. There is some precedent here - the custom scheduler is also a global option.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Crash when resizing window

Suggestion: if you are going to change the custom scheduler to global view, consider using Highlight Code

A browsing screen opens every time on the same place.
He does not keep the previous position, but chooses a pack that he always opens.

Provided the window is not in full screen mode when you close it, it should come back in the same location next time.

The problem is that it does not function as it should function…

I believe there’s a misunderstanding. @dae thought you were talking about window geometry, but you mean the initial search query.

That is usually the current deck (the one you last clicked in the main window).

1 Like

Right
Thanks

The initial search when opening the browse screen can be configured in the preferences. There is not an option to re-use whatever you searched for last, but you can use the dropdown in the search area if you wish to recall the previous search.

1 Like

A release candidate is now available. If no issues are found, the plan is to release this as stable in about 3 days.

https://betas.ankiweb.net/anki2.1.61.html

3 Likes

2.1.61 has now been released, with the following changes since rc1:

• You can now adjust the current deck in the stats screen (thanks to yellowjello).
  • Fix an issue building on Windows (thanks to Kieran).
4 Likes

The link in https://apps.ankiweb.net/ still 2.1.60

Thanks for the heads up; it looks like I missed a step in the deployment process.

A post was split to a new topic: Editor freezing