Anki 2.1.61 Beta / Release Candidate

Hi all,

A new beta is available: Changes in 2.1.61 - Anki Betas

7 Likes

The tags dropdown becomes separated from the text field as tags disappear while you type.

In my collection, typing “type:” shows these tags:

But typing “type:a” shows these tags with a big gap below them:

3 Likes

This cosmetical issue is still present, both in Windows and Linux versions.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I’ve submitted a PR that fixes it.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the update with new cards limit but I didn’t enable it so I consider this a bug
I can upload my deck somewhere if necessary

EDIT: it’s still there after finishing the reviews so I guess it’s to display the new cards you could review if the limit was ignored? weird tho

perssing Shift+Tab when on tags editing don’t bring u back to last field

If you are saying that your deck shows 1 new card in the deck browser, but there are no cards to review when you select the same deck, then yes, this is a bug.
I assume you haven’t reached the review limit, as it’s 9999. Have you already seen a new card? Then the deck browser would be in the wrong, otherwise the study queue.

4 Likes

Beta 2 is now available: Changes in 2.1.61 - Anki Betas

4 Likes

Windows10
Version ⁨2.1.61 (d0ab7acb)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0

‘Daily Limits’ section of the Options screen: when I click on ‘New cards ignore review limit’, the corresponding section of the “Daily Limits short manual” doesn’t open up. Instead, it takes me to the section that I last accessed.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, I’ve pushed a fix.

4 Likes

@Rumo, since the new " New cards ignore review limit" option is a global paramater affeting the whole collection and not single decks, don’t you think it would be better placed in preferences > review section?

1 Like

Placing it in the preferences would be more consistent in that regard, but having it in the deck options next to the other limit options makes it more likely users will discover it. There is some precedent here - the custom scheduler is also a global option.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Crash when resizing window

Suggestion: if you are going to change the custom scheduler to global view, consider using Highlight Code

A browsing screen opens every time on the same place.
He does not keep the previous position, but chooses a pack that he always opens.

Provided the window is not in full screen mode when you close it, it should come back in the same location next time.

The problem is that it does not function as it should function…

I believe there’s a misunderstanding. @dae thought you were talking about window geometry, but you mean the initial search query.

That is usually the current deck (the one you last clicked in the main window).

1 Like

Right
Thanks