Anki 2.1.55 Beta 5-6

I don’t think it would do any harm, since we’ve been applying it to body on all platforms in the past and nobody seems to have had any issues with it.

I’ve pushed two PRs.

1 Like

It resets even when I sync. Wouldn’t be a better idea to just add a tick box in the preferences so people can choose whether they want this behavior by default or not. I’ve never seen such behavior in any software so far, pretty sure that the default is let the zoom permanent.

1 Like

UPDATE: Never mind, this is working now

Not sure when this started, but it continues in beta 5. Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice or something else. Suspended cards no longer show with a yellow background in the Browser, even with Cards toggle ON. Tried with addons shift-disabled, no difference.

Windows 11
Version ⁨2.1.55 (b88a7394)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5

1 Like

I checked again and it is currently working fine.
From further tests it seems that there is a bug that the first time the software is opened After a clean install the direction is ltr even if the selected language is of the rtl type.
What remains is the enormous size of the text in several places and the layout menu that cannot be translated and also the size of the top bar does not change when you press control + mouse wheel.

Windows10 qt6

• Anki 2.1.55 Beta 1-2 - #78 by jcznk point 2. The Change Notetype menu’s automatic field pairing has regressed since .54.
    Not only fields with the same name are most often not coupled, sometimes Anki does not warn about unpaired fields that are going to be discarded.

• Options menu: Anki will not save keyboard inputs for New cards/day and Maximum reviews/day. It will instead keep the last value set by using the left/right button.
    E.g. if I just input 500 with the keyboard, no change will be saved. If I instead input 500, then click the left and right arrow once each (thus bringing the value to 499 and then back to 500), when I click on Save the setting will be kept.

When copy pasting from Add-on config QTextEdit, line breaks are turned into control characters (U+2029).

This bug was fixed in Qt 6.4.1, so fixing it just requires updating Qt.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-107004

The toolbar is a separate webview and therefore it has its own zoom level. We could provide a mechanism to sync the zoom value between these webviews, but is it big enough of an issue to justify the development time?

In a future update, everything in the main window will be contained in a single webview, so this will not be an issue anymore.

Personally, it doesn’t bother me because I don’t use the zoom feature because it resets every time and I don’t benefit from something temporary.
I’m just commenting to help others so maybe they should be asked.

I use the AnKing cloze note type and although I have set the font size to 32px, this beta changed the appearance to smaller fonts.
Any idea how to fix this?

I think the reason may be that the AnKing cloze note type (at least Cloze-AnKingMaster-v3) uses this approach:

1. use the html selector to override the default root element’s font-size
  2. for every other element, set the font-size using the relative unit rem (CSS Units)

It also seems that, since beta5, Anki employs the :root selector to define the default root element’s font-size. Since :root has a higher specificity, the html selector cannot override it. (:root - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN )

→ Try looking for this code: html { font-size: 32px; } and replace html with :root

3 Likes

There was no clear pattern under Qt6. The flickering occurred more in the first few minutes after the programme started, every few seconds, whether in the browse view or when adding maps. So far it has not occurred in the Qt5 version.

In the Qt5 version, however, there are even greater delays in setting up the interface. When I switch to the browse view, it takes at least two seconds until the editor part is loaded.

Could you please comment on the empty tag issue?

I noticed this blue line while adding tags. Is it a feature ?

1 Like

It’s a bug and was fixed with Fix some issues with the Tag Editor by kleinerpirat · Pull Request #2215 · ankitects/anki · GitHub.

This is also fixed now.

2 Likes

@dae @kleinerpirat do I need to change this on my note types?

I tested the “first review” on notes that had been forgotten and it works for brand new notes that have a manual reschedule, but doesn’t work for something like this image below. Is there a way to truly “reset” a card such that when it is reviewed again that will count as a “first review”? I understand the reasoning behind not counting it as a first review if it had been reviewed already, but there are also many instances where people are resetting progress from someone else who exported it with scheduling or resetting their own cards after a long period of not doing them and want to treat them as brand new, hence it would again be the “first review”

2 Likes

No need, I’ll change the selector on Anki’s base CSS to a less specific one.

1 Like

Beta 6 is now available:

https://betas.ankiweb.net/anki2.1.55.html#beta-6

4 Likes

@everyone bear in mind the CSV page still isn’t updated. I’m working on it.

2 Likes

Say, I wonder if it would be possible to ask to consider removing some of the widget background colors in favor of relying on the windows to set background colors. The betas are breaking my Wallpaper add-on.

I’m getting this error in b5 and b6 (not sure I was getting the error message also in previous betas, but definitely not with 2.1.54). Also, one off the TTS voices has been changed (it’s installed correctly and it also works with 2.1.54):

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.55 (ca116699) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19044
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-11-28 08:43:00
Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “threading”, line 980, in _bootstrap_inner
File “threading”, line 917, in run
File “aqt.tts”, line 555, in import_voices
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘winrt’
Exception in threading.excepthook:
Exception ignored in thread started by: <bound method Thread._bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-4, started 13080)>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “threading”, line 937, in _bootstrap
File “threading”, line 982, in _bootstrap_inner
File “threading”, line 1264, in invoke_excepthook
AttributeError: ‘ErrorHandler’ object has no attribute ‘flush’
Exception ignored in sys.unraisablehook:
AttributeError: ‘ErrorHandler’ object has no attribute ‘flush’