Anki 2.1.50 Beta 6+ / Release Candidate

If it’s any help, I’m running a rather unmodified Ubuntu 21.10 (using X, not Wayland).

Can you try previous betas to figure out where the issue was introduced?

Sure, just went over the betas for 2.1.50. The problem only appears in beta 8. It wasn’t there in beta 6. (It seems there was no public beta 7.)

Does it happen in the Qt6 build as well?

I’m unable to run the Qt6 build. As reported earlier, it fails to install.

~ fiddles with keyboard settings ~

Oh, I just now managed to install the Qt6 version of beta 9, and that doesn’t have the problem. So I guess it’s solved for my part for now :slight_smile:

A release candidate is now available. It includes an important fix for the card layout screen:

https://betas.ankiweb.net/anki2.1.50.html#release-candidate-1

@eyetofreedom This is a bug in the graphics toolkit. I have reported the issue to them. For now, the Qt5 version may work better for you.

BUG REPORT

I’m translating Anki to Spanish and found this problem:

In ANKI 2.1.49 you see that predetermined configuration in deck options:

But in the recent release candidate 2.1.50 qt6 you lose all that configuration (and even if you create a new predetermined configuration, the habitual Anki configuration doesn’t appear:

@dae

Test in a Windows 11 laptop

Thank you, a fix will be in the next build.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: QWidget.findChildren()

I’ve released AwesomeTTS 1.61 which has support for Anki 2.1.50: AwesomeTTS - Add speech to your flashcards - AnkiWeb.

4 Likes

The shortcut Ctrl + Shift + C for cloze deletion does not work for me

And Ctrl + Shift + Alt + C to create a same cloze doensn’t work for me on qt6 windows 11 (last realease candidate)

And anki doesn’t have a buttom to create a same cloze deletion yet (what would be nice in a future update, when possible)

I haven’t suspended any cards recently, but while trying with RC1 I see that the line isn’t coloured anymore in the card browser, so there is no indication if a card is suspended or not. Was this dropped somewhen?

You probably have Notes mode activated.

You probably have Notes mode activated.

You are right. Sorry for the circumstances.

Release candidate 2 is now available:

https://betas.ankiweb.net/anki2.1.50.html#release-candidate-2

3 Likes

What is the difference between qt5 and qt6 ??

Qt (and the Python bindings PyQt) is the graphics toolkit that Anki uses. Qt6 is simply the latest version of it. From the beta changes page:

Qt6 is a recently-updated version of the toolkit. It fixes some issues that existed in Qt5, but some add-ons may need updating to work with it. We recommend you try it first.

3 Likes

One issue I noticed ever since switching to Qt6 but couldn’t quite put my finger on for some time is that scrolling in webviews is quite laggy on macOS, it basically stops once you lift the finger from the trackpad, which is not how scrolling it typically work on macOS. It does not happen in Qt5.

P.S.: I learned by @Rumo that alternative video drivers like ANGLE are still available using the Qt5 build, in which Anki is working perfectly well in my computer.

Very sad about not having the option to choose alternative video drivers anymore (ANGLE). I use windows in a Dell (XPS 13) computer, and Anki in OpenGL is extremely slow and buggy, unusable indeed. Nothing can fix this problem, not even formatting the computer. Maybe it is a persistent Dell driver problem, as I had this problem in other computers I had before (also Dell computers). It was a nightmare for me until Anki provided alternative video drivers. And, as far as I can see, this update is removing the alternative drivers. I tried once again, but it is impossible to use Anki with OpenGL in my Dell computer.

If you could bring back the ability to choose alternative video drivers, I would be very grateful!

You can use the Qt5 build, or a slightly more technical workaround:

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/display-issues.html#windows-display-issues

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. It totally solved my problem!

aqt.mw.pm.night_mode() returns False even when I enable dark mode. I use this to slightly change the background color of buttons (I like green for validate and red for cancel).