Anki 2.1.45 Beta

But I guess it’s true that it’s not the ideal solution for @AnKingMed’s request. How was it done in BetterTags? Editing full tag by default I think. Whatever it was, that’s what a lot of people are still used to.

Editing the current tag node by default, with a separate context menu item to rename the full tag.

1 Like

@hengiese Are you happy with the state of the JS APIs, or do you think they’ll need further changes? We can always release them with a “beta/subject to change” label like has been done with the v3 scheduler if necessary - we’d just need to make a note on the add-on updating page.

I would not underestimate the amount of novice users. The solution from @glutanimate
s bettertags was super easy to use. Basically just right click on the tag, select “edit full tag” (or something like that) and a dialog came up that showed tag::subtag::subtag so you could edit wherever along the tag hierarchy

I would like new users to be able to only use drag and drop and not need to manage hierarchy by textual input at all.
But I appreciate the majority vote. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This would be awesome. I’m not 100% sure how to do it… but it would be cool!

I have a problem with 2.1.45 beta6. When I review a “type” card, after pressing the “intro” key from the numpad, nothing happens if the focus is on the text input field. Before, it works like the “enter” key to see the answer. If I click outside the text field to change the focus, then I can use “intro” from numpad similar to “enter”.

It was comfortable to review my cards with one hand on the numeric keypad, aside “1”, “2”, “3” for again, hard, good, and so on.

Should be fixed in the next build